We thank you for your interest in our website. The protection of your privacy in the processing of personal data and the security of all business data is an important concern to us, that we take into account in our business processes. The following text provides detailed information about how we use your data.
RESPONSIBLE ACC. ART. 4 PARA. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Stuttgarter Str. 122
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Dr. Ralf W. Schadowski
Phone: +49 241 / 44688 25
§1 LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
(1) Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies as legal basis.
(2) In the processing of personal data necessary for the fulfilment of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b of the GDPR applies as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary for carrying out pre-contractual measures.
(3) Insofar as the processing of personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c of the GDPR applies as the legal basis.
(4) In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require a processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d of the GDPR applies as the legal basis.
(5) If processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f of the GDPR applies as the legal basis for processing.
§ 2 DATA DELETION AND STORAGE DURATION
(1) The personal data of a data subject will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to exist.
(2) Furthermore, data may be stored if this has been provided by the European or national legislation in EU regulations, laws or other provisions to which the data controller is subject.
(3) Blocking or erasing of data will also be carried out if a storage deadline prescribed by the above-mentioned standards expires, unless further data storage is necessary for concluding or performing a contract.
§ 3 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below, we provide information on the collection of personal data when using this website. Personal information is all data personally referable to you, e.g. your name, address, email address or user behaviour. (2) When you contact us via e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, and if applicable your name and your telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We will delete the data collected in this context after its storage is no longer required, or otherwise limit its further processing if we are required by the law to continue retaining it. (3) In case we employ contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer, or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes. We also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
Personal data collection when visiting our website
If you use the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 page 1 lit. f of the GDPR):
- IP address
- Host name
- Date and time of request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Request status/HTTP status code
- The amount of data transmitted
- Website from which the request comes (so-called referrer)
- The specific pages you have visited on our website
- Browser: Type, version and set language
- Operating system: Type and version
- Display resolution
- Colour depth
- Size of the browser window
- Installed Browser Plugins
(1) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are allocated and stored on your hard disk in association with the browser you are using and through which the site which sets the cookie transmits certain information. Cookies cannot run programmes or deliver viruses to your computer. They serve to make our site more user-friendly and effective.
(2) This website and our services use the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c)
- Flash cookies (see f)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. It especially includes session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognised when you return to the site. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie in question. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser. d) You can configure your browser settings as desired and refuse to accept third-party or any cookies. "Third Party Cookies" are cookies set by a third party, therefore, not by the actual website you are currently visiting. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
f) The Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your mobile device. These objects store the required data of your browser independently and do not have an automatic expiry date. You can configure the setting and deletion of Flash cookies via the Adobe Flash Player settings manager at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/de/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html. Alternatively, if you do not wish to process the Flash cookies, you can install an appropriate add-on, e.g. "Better Privacy" for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and your browser history manually.
(3) The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission. This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages. You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
§4 FURTHER FEATURES AND OFFERS ON OUR WEBSITE
(1) In addition to the purely informative use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do this, you will generally need to provide other personal information that we use to provide the service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk. Information in fields not marked in this way is purely voluntary.
(2) When you contact the service provider by e-mail or via the contact form, your address and, if you specify this, your name, your telephone number and [...] will be stored by us in order to answer your questions.
(3) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked.
(4) If our service providers or partners have their registered office in a country outside the European Union economic areas (EEA), we inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§ 5 RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
Below you will find information on your rights as a person concerned in accordance with Art. 15 of the GDPR. You can exercise these rights at any time and therefore contact us directly. If you demand these rights from us, we will examine them in detail, taking into account the related legal requirements and requirements. We may ask you for further information. We will explain in detail the results of our audit and our procedure for fulfilling your request. It is possible that we may not be able to fully meet your wishes in the manner you request.
This should not prevent you from claiming your rights from us or asking us about them. We will be happy to answer all your questions.
(1) Right of information
You have the right to request information from us at any time as to whether and which of your personal data is processed by us. This also includes information on the purposes of processing, if applicable on recipients to whom we have disclosed data about you, the planned storage period and, if applicable, information on the origin of this data, unless we have collected this data directly from you. In addition, you have the right to a one-time free copy of your personal data stored by us. We reserve the right to charge an appropriate administration fee for the following copies.
(2) The right of rectification
You have the right to request us to correct any inaccurate information we hold about you. This also includes the right to complete incomplete personal data.
(3) Right to cancellation
You have the right to request us to correct any inaccurate information we hold about you. If we should have published data about you, this also includes our obligation, within the framework of the "right to oblivion" pursuant to Art. 17 para. 2 of the GDPR taking into account available technology and the implementation costs to forward all links to these data as well as copies or replications of these data concerning to further persons responsible for the processing of these published personal data.
(4) The right to restrict processing
You have the right to request us to correct any inaccurate information we hold about you. Thereafter, processing of these data is only possible with your consent or for a few, legally defined purposes.
(5) The right to object to processing
If we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you can lodge an objection against the processing. This is the case if the processing is not used for fulfilment of a contract with you is required, which is described by us in each case in the following description of the functions. When exercising such objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In case of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
Of course, you may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us about your advertising contradiction using the contact channels listed above.
(6) Right to withdraw data protection consent
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. If you exercise this right, this will affect our ability to process your personal data after you have already given it to us.
(7) The right to data portability
You have the right to receive information about yourself that you have provided to us from us in a structured, common and machine-readable format for the purpose of transfer to another person responsible. At your request and taking into account the available technical possibilities, this also includes the direct transfer from us to the other person responsible.
(8) The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain at any time to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
(9) Automated decision-making including profiling
They have the right to obtain information on the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling in accordance with Art. 22 para. 1 and 4 of the GDPR and - at least in these cases - meaningful information about the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing on the data subject.
§ 6 E-MAIL-BASED INFORMATION SERVICES
1. Newsletter/press distribution list
(1) With your consent you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The goods and services to be advertised will be named in the consent form.
(2) To subscribe to our newsletter, we use the "double opt-in" procedure. It means that after your registration we will send you an e-mail to the specified e-mail address in which we ask you to confirm that you would like the newsletter to be sent. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your IP addresses and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify a possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only required information for sending the newsletter is your email address. The indication of further, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to be able to address you personally. After your confirmation we will save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a of the GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to receive the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can explain the revocation by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail.
§ 7 Web Analytics
The legal basis for the use of all web analysis tools listed in this section is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f of the GDPR, i.e. the protection of our legitimate interests in consideration of the interests of our website visitors. We are interested in analysing the use of our website by our website visitors in order to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. If the analysis tool used also serves other purposes or we use it for other interests of ours, we will inform you directly in the explanations for the respective analysis tool.
1. Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and the one Analysis how users use the website. The personal data generated by the cookie about your use of the website will usually be transmitted to and stored on a Google server in the US. In case of activation of IP-Anonymisation on this website however, your Google's IP address will be within Member States of the European Union or in other countries which are party to the agreement on the European Economic Area. Only the full IP address will be sent to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there only in exceptional cases. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of this service on behalf of the operator of this website in order to compile reports on website activities and to provide the website operator with further services associated with website and Internet use.
(2) The IP address provided by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data from Google.
(3) You can prevent cookies from being stored by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser; however, we wish to point out that by doing so, you may not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website. You can also prevent the data generated by cookies concerning your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being passed to Google, and the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". As a result, IP addresses are further processed in truncated form, so that reference to individuals can be ruled out. If the data collected about you is personally identifiable, it will be blocked immediately and the personal data deleted as soon as possible.
(5) Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework, for exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA.
(6) Third party provider information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001
User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html
Overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html
§ 8 SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER THIRD PARTY SERVICES
1. Inclusion of YouTube videos
(1) We have included YouTube videos in our online offering, which are stored on www.YouTube.com and are directly playable from our website. With the integration of YouTube videos, we pursue our interest in making our website more interesting and attractive for our visitors and to achieve a better presentation of contents and/or facts. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f of the GDPR.
(2) When you visit this website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 5 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether YouTube makes available a user account via which you are logged in or no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile when using YouTube, you must first log out before clicking the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or requirements-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation also takes place (even for users who are not logged in) for the purposes of providing customised advertising and to inform other social network users about activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
2. Integration of Google Maps
(1) We use Google Maps functions on this website. We are pursuing our interest in increasing the attractiveness of our website by displaying interactive maps directly on our website and enabling you to conveniently use the map function. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f of the GDPR.
(2) When you visit this website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 5 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether Google makes available a user account via which you are logged in or no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated to your Google profile, you must first log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or requirements-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation also takes place (even for users who are not logged in) for the purposes of providing customised advertising and to inform other social network users about activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
3. Integration of Google ReCaptcha
We integrate the function for detecting bots, for example, when entering into online forms ("ReCaptcha") of the provider: Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ Opt-Out: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated
4. Integration of other third-party services
(1) On this website we also use offers from Google (fonts). By using this offers we can offer you a better user experience on our website. This serves our interest in increasing the attractiveness of our website. The legal basis for the use of these offers is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f of the GDPR.
(2) When you visit this website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 5 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether Google makes available a user account via which you are logged in or no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile when using YouTube, you must first log out before clicking the button. The third party provider may store your data as a user profile and may use it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the design of its website in line with requirements. Such evaluation also takes place (even for users who are not logged in) for the purposes of providing customised advertising and to inform other social network users about activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
(3) For more information on the purpose and extent of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider, please refer to the privacy statements of these providers provided below. Here, you will also find further information on your rights and settings options for protecting your privacy:
(4) Addresses of the respective provider and URL with their privacy notices:
a) Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de. Google has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
§ 9 ONLINE ADVERTISING
1. DoubleClick by Google
(2) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser is automatically able to establish a direct connection to the Google server. We have no influence on the extent and the further use of the data which are collected by Google's use of this tool, and we therefore inform you according to our knowledge: By integrating AdWords conversion Google receives the information that you accessed the relevant part of our online presence or clicked on one of our advertisements. If you are registered with a Google service, Google may associate your visit to our website with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may obtain and store your IP address.
(3) You can take various measures to prevent participation in this tracking procedure:
a) by adjusting your browser software accordingly, in particular, suppressing third party cookies means that you will not receive ads from third parties,
b) you can also disable cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies originating from the domain "www.googleadservices.com", https://www.google.de/settings/ads, which will be deleted if you delete your cookies,
c) by deactivating the interest-based ads of providers which form part of the "About Ads" self-regulation campaign via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby this setting is deleted if you delete your cookies,
d) by permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome under the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this offer in full.
Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org.
2. GA Audiences
3. Google Tag Manager
(1) This website uses Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is a solution that allows marketers to manage web page tags through a single interface. The Google Tool Manager only implements tags. The Tag Manager is a cookieless domain. This means that no cookies are used, and personal data are not collected. The tool triggers other tags, which in turn may collect data under certain circumstances. The Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If deactivation occurs at domain or cookie level, it remains in use for all tracking tags, which are implemented by Google Tag Manager.
Click here to opt out of Google Tag Manager data collection.
Last updated: 06.06.2018